I’m a Professor in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Bristol, UK.
Some of the questions my research covers:
- What are the basic principles of statistical reasoning and how can we justify them?
- How should we aggregate the opinions of the individual members of a group to give the opinion of the group as a whole?
- How should we structure our collective inquiry so that it leads us to discover the truth quickly and reliably?
- How should we decide what to do when our choice might lead us to change who we are and what we value?
- What is the subject matter of mathematics and how can we learn about it?
- How can we create the fairest and most inclusive system of higher education?
Address: Room 1.06, Department of Philosophy, University of Bristol, Cotham House, Bristol, UK. BS6 6JL
Phone: +44 (0)117 954 6702